No, this isn't a post on tongue twisters, this is part of an awesome meme as seen on Hope Dies Last. The letter Hope gave me was S!
You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.
1. Smoothies from Shakeaway! It's the only place I know in NZ that will make you a vegan smoothie. I've missed thickshakes so much since I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance and now I can have them again!
2. Samoa! I've never been but my grandfather was born and raised there (although not a native Samoan) so it holds a special place in my heart. I intend to visit there one day and track down where the plantation he lived on was.
3. Schools - just as well as I'm going to be a teacher :D
4. Satay Sticks from the local bakery. I've had an addiction for so long that I don't even need to ask for it when I go into the bakery now, they just get one out of the cabinet for me.
5. Sarcasm - my humour tends to be rather scathing and dry. Back when FirstLove and I were dating, our group of friends had a really bad habit of sarcastically commenting with the prefix "I wish I..." - say if one of our friends fell over a small child in the mall, we'd say "I wish I could fall over infants in the mall and make a complete ass of myself. This all ceased one day when we were watching TV with FirstLove's parents. There was an insurance ad on that had a young man walk in on his mother-in-law whilst she was bathing. FirstLove pipes up "I wish I could walk in on my girlfriend's mum in the shower..." - his mum cracked up laughing and his dad would not stop giving him shit "Really [FirstLove], do you really wish that? What does [Scribble's Mum] have to say about that? Have you told her how you feel?"... Sarcasm FAIL.
6. Smaggle Style - Lady Smaggle always looks immaculately put together whereas I'm lucky some days if I wear the same shoes on both feet as I head out of the house. I'm in awe of all of you that manage style post and ashamed at my own lack of style - thus there will never be any outfit posts on Scribbles... well, that and also that I blog anonymously - not so anonymous when you can see my face :S
7. Sushi - anyone who thinks that globalisation is a bad thing has to realise how boring and monotonous our diets would be without ethnic foods. St. Pierre's Sushi rocks the schizznit!
8. Shopping - of any kind but it's been particularly nice lately to finally do some "fun shopping" for myself. I got a gorgeous snuggly cardi and a ginormous handbag that already appears to have been nicknamed the "Tardis" by Mr.Rock.
9. Scents - I'm super-excited about the bottle of Viktor & Rolf "Flowerbomb" I'm getting for Christmas but I also love the scents of freshly cut grass, sheets after you bring them in after drying them on the line and the smell that rain makes on an extremely warm pavement... delicious. Other favourite smells are chocolate chip cookies baking and pork roast - yum!
10. Smiles - wear one plastered on your face whenever you can! It will make people wonder what your secret is...