The interview meme by the lovely Jenn of Jenn(uinely) Rambling
The rules are as follows:
1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And your e-mail address, please.)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.1. Tell me about your oldest friend. When did you meet? Are you still in contact?
My oldest friend is actually in my blog roll (good luck investigating that one, those who are playing along at home). I met her while she was in her womb and I was in mine. We fell out of touch while we were in our teens but have become better friends recently and I'm so pleased. She's blossomed into such a wonderful young woman who really enriches my life with her presence.
2. What is the best book you've read? In the last year? Ever?
Oh no, this is like asking me to pick my favourite child or something... I'll have to go with books that have sort of blown my mind with their wonderfulness when I read them. In 2008, that was Stoppard's "Arcadia". Ever... I honestly couldn't tell you. I own over 150 books and I swear I've read at least ten times that number. I simply devour books. The fact that both Piers Anthony and Terry Pratchett are still alive, kicking and writing kick-ass novels makes my heart sing though.
3. What's the best thing about being a NZ blogger? The worst?
The best thing is that it doesn't cost the earth to meet up with other kiwi bloggers - I got to meet up with the lovely Andrea just last week! The crappiest thing is that you make friends from all sorts of places around the world and as a poor student I have no money to visit. I am in Sydney this July though and I am planning to make it to Perth in Summer 2010 if the Perth girls can hold out that long!
4. If you had one million dollars, and had to spend it all (no savings allowed, no matter how silly that is!), what is the first thing you'd buy? And why?
A new car... I want a 2L Automatic, preferably a Suzuki Sx4... my current car gets me from A to B, but definitely not in style. Then I'd have to sit and think and plan for a fair while...
5. What is something that not a lot of people know about you but that you wish more people could know?
I wish that more of my "real world" friends knew that I was not as brave and strong and confident as I appear to be... it makes me feel like there are these burdens and expectations on me to keep on carrying on no matter what. But on the other hand, I'm a really good faker and not brave enough to open up to most of them and tell them that's how I feel. So they don't realise how sad and lonely I can get and it perpetuates the cycle. With my blog friends... I don't know... you guys tell me what you wish you knew about me!
If you would like to interview me, ask me a question or request an interview for yourself, leave a message in the comments!