We're just in the final stages of working out a rental agreement with a friend's mother to move into her property on the same street that we are now. It's kind of similar to the one that we're in now but we're swapping out a couple of the perks here for different perks there:
- Losing an ensuite bathroom - gaining a garage
- Smaller kitchen - gaining a driveway that we can actually turn our cars in
- Losing 24 hour emergency contact (that didn't work the one time we needed it) - gaining less flat inspection
- Losing a larger deck - gaining a sheltered deck
- Losing $10 of rent per week - yay!
Of course the downside of all this is that we will be moving in the middle of term and I'm now working full time (if you remember, I was working day relief when we moved last time). But we'll make it work. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and we can sign papers this week!