Finally (and the people rejoice...)
When re-assessing my goals for 2010 I found that the ones that I achieved were generally my more specific goals. Bearing that in mind, here are my goals for 2011.
1. Lose 22 of the 31 kgs I have left to lose - ideally I would lose the entire amount but I want this task to be achievable and this allows for some setbacks or off-weeks.
2. Get out of debt (apart from student loans) - I'm hoping for this to happen in the first quarter of next year but we'll see how we go with my new pay transitioning over.
3. Organise a monthly social event with all my girls - I'm thinking a wine club?
4. Exercise at least three times a week - I hope that it's more than that but this also accounts for those weeks when I am very busy. If I find that it is too easy, I'll up the ante :D
5. Have monthly filing/organisational binges - I'd like to pretend that I could keep up with this on a daily basis but that's simply not true. Doing this at the end of each month ensures that things don't get too crazy.
6. Take the stairs whenever possible - okay, this one isn't strictly measurable but it is important that I stop looking for the easy way out when it comes to incidental exercise.
7. Dry-brush before every shower - the benefits seem to be out there on the interwebs and this post from Gala Darling the other day reminded me of it. I have issues with my lymphatic system so I'm hoping that this helps.
8. Moisturise daily- I really need to take care of my skin this year if I'm hoping it will shrink with me!
9. Read 52 books this year - already at 2/52 but rereading Anna Karenina so this will take me some time :D
10. Spend less than $60 per clothing item this year (except bras and dresses for extremely special occasions, ie. weddings) - this will be a hard one to stick to, but until I reach my goal weight I need to accept that the clothes I purchase will be somewhat impermanent. The reason that bras are an exception? It's impossible to find cheap
large bras in NZ that don't look "nana".
11. Make more - think before purchasing whether this is something I could make/bake/fake at home!
Any big goals for you, Scribblettes?