Christmas Cards!



Photo Credit to Kakapo2 - it's Pohutukawa, the NZ Christmas Tree!

I know, I know, you guys are thinking "What is this woman rabbiting on about? It's not even December yet!". Well aside from being it established many, many years ago that I am a Christmas nut, I'm also a big fan in being prepared ahead of time. I'm one of those annoying people who has almost finished her Christmas shopping (apart from the ingredients for the h0memade portions) and at the time of this post, I will have been working on my Christmas Cards for the best part of a week.

A week, you say? Man, that Scribbles is a slow writer. Just as well she types this blog, otherwise we'd get a new entry once every month. Hee hee. Just kidding. I use my Christmas cards as an opportunity to tell people the ways in which they've influenced my life, why I'm grateful for them and how important their friendship has been to me that year. I throw a "Merry Christmas" in there for good measure but as the Love Actually quote goes "If you can't say it at Christmas, when can you say it?". I don't buy Christmas presents for everyone, but hopefully they find my words give them warm fuzzies that are equally as valuable. The end result is that each card takes me at least five minutes to compose and write, and if they're really awesome it may take even longer!

So Scribblers and Scribblettes, when sending out your holiday greetings, think about more than just wishing them a "Merry Christmas" and let your recipient know exactly how much they mean to you. And if anyone would be keen to do a Christmas card exchange, leave your email address in the comments and let's get posting!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea - I normally don't even bother with xmas cards, but this year I think I'll make an exception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't tend to send that many cards - only really to family members, but when I do, I try to write something interesting in them! :) As a result, it takes me ages too, I should probably get started soon actually!

    ReplyDelete