Sunday Afternoon Reads: Easter Edition

Photo Credit
It being the lead up to Easter, I have been reading a book called A Lineage of Grace - a collection of five novellas that tell in detail the story of five strong women of the Bible : Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary, the mother of Jesus. It's by the same author that wrote Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers. I found it increased my knowledge of these stories by placing it in the context of the time. As I said to Mama Scribs, I knew about the lying across the feet thing and the sandal in the story of Ruth but I hadn't understood why.

However, my goal in this Sunday afternoon series is to introduce you all to new authors rather than ones that you've met before. So on this special day of the year, I put it over to you - what book do you think everyone should get out there and read?

3 comments:

  1. the bronze horseman (and the two books which follow it) by paullina simons

    when god was a woman by merlin stone

    clan of the cave bear (etc) by jean m auel

    and anything lucy m montgomery wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What is the What" by Dave Eggers
    a.m.a.z.i.n.g book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eat, Prey, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I LOVE her. I wrote a review of this book at http://abellevie.squarespace.com/daily-blog/2009/1/14/eat-pray-love.html. It's a must-read!

    ReplyDelete