Family Fun Times

ChChSis was up this weekend for her birthday and last night we all gathered together to celebrate her reaching the ripe old age of 22. As SB and I sat in my parents' lounge, watching my mother, father, sisters and relatives gently poke fun at each other, I realised something.
I do not often think about how blessed I am.
Both SB and I come from backgrounds where family is incredibly important. When we talk about the future, we assume that our life together will have the same focus. Sure, we have occasions where we will blow our stack at our parents and we certainly don't agree with everything our relatives say but we wouldn't trade those immediate and extended family links for anything. We're grounded with our roots in our family plots, even if we grow ourselves elsewhere. We know where we come from, and that's a huge thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment