Busy, busy...

I'm keeping up with my intention to use downtime efficiently at the moment - the reality is that I need to if I am to keep things in order. My days are really full at the moment so it's good to be able to use that quiet time before a class begins to check on net stuff for the business and The Shrinking Violets - or in this case talk to you!

What's making my life so busy? Here's a sample week :)

Monday - wake, check emails and read RSS to do with the business, work day-job 8.20-4.30, home (where I do more business stuff, more wedding planning, exercise, marking of students' work and try and be a good housewife!) - I'm hoping to add in a hot yin yoga class this day also.
Tuesday - same as Monday, with the addition of aquarobics in the evening
Wednesday - early work finish of 3 pm, this is generally when I try and complete major errands and decent cardio exercise
Thursday - same as Monday, considering adding in an additional aquarobics class
Friday - same as Monday, usually date night for SB and I


The weekends tend to be solidly packed with social/personal commitments at the moment, surprising because in previous years they have tended to drop off in winter. Things are only set to get busier in the next couple of weeks as I'll be taking on tutoring for extra cash. It might seems like this is crazy or really unenjoyable but I'm loving it. I feel fulfilled in almost every area of that life and that's a good place for me. I have my phone diary and task list to keep me in line and this works well for me :) I know it seems pretty peculiar to my friends that we're booking out coffee for three weeks ahead but if it's what makes it work, it makes it work.


I guess what I'm trying to say, Scribblettes, is don't let others judge you for the way you live your life. I know that some people think I'm taking on a lot, but I'm happy. If you are happy with the way you live your life (and the people that are important to you aren't disadvantaged), do what makes you happy. After all, isn't that what really matters?

2 comments:

  1. Wow you really are busy. It's good that you are happy though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ab-so-freaking-lutely.

    P.S. You are a MACHINE. An excellent, hard-working, amazingly organised machine!

    ReplyDelete