And unfortunately it ain't been just because I'm being a lazy kitty...
“Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes & choices… Today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.”This quote was on Gala Darling's Things I Love Thursday, and I think that this has actually made my Thursday. We got the bad news earlier this week that my mum has been diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer, and it's been hard to maintain positivity in such a scary and uncertain situation. With that in mind, the things I love this Thursday are:
- My Friend M who drove all the way down from the North Shore, AKL, as soon as she found out
- All my friends that have been there for me in various ways since we found out
- My awesome lecturers and tutors at university who have released me from all attendance requirements this semester and will support me if I need to stay home with mum when she feels sick from chemo
- Witchery... the clothing label. In love, seriously. Will be the beginning of my new skinny-me wardrobe.
- Small children on the train... they get so excited!
- My friend S who is visiting me at work tonight and bringing dark chocolate...
- My beautiful mum who is determined to fight this thing and come out a winner.