Counting my blessings...

In this world, it's so easy to get caught up in what we don't have... I don't have a boyfriend, I don't have a lot of money, I don't have another job for the Christmas holiday slump period. I sure as heck don't have a body like Jessica Alba - if anything I represent a lumpier version of Kim Kardashian! But you know what is so freeing?
NONE of this matters...
I don't have a boyfriend? It's sure better than having the wrong boyfriend, one whom I've outgrown or treats me badly. It gives me the freedom to make choices purely on what's right for me, rather than having to orchestrate huge compromises. It means that I have the opportunity to build stronger relationships with other important people in my life.
I don't have a lot of money? It makes me more careful about the money I do have. On the search for the mythical perfect cardi I've found many that would 'sort of' do the job but haven't purchased any. I would rather save my cash in the hopes that the ideal cardi comes along. I also am by no stretch of the imagination poor, poverty is not an issue. I'm able to pay off debt, save and give - I'm definitely making the most of what I have, even though it is less than what I am used to.
I don't have a second job lined up? At least I'm grateful for having the first... I have an awesome job with great people. I have a couple of months before I'm looking at working a second job anyway. I have a large network of friends and by communicating my need to them I'm increasing my chances of finding a position that suits me.
I don't look like Jessica Alba... it's not part of my job to look slim and athletic. It is part of her job, she gets paid partially because of her attractiveness. Sure, I may not be a particular man's cup of tea because he prefers a body shape that's different to mine, but that's his loss. The right guy will like me for who I am, not what I look like anyway. I want to lose weight, but that's a health issue as opposed to a size issue... I will never be an Sz 8 (quite frankly, with curves like mine I doubt I'll ever be a Sz 10) and I've grown to love my hourglass shape with the "child-bearing" hips and embrace my va-va-voom!
It's just a waste of time to get upset about things that aren't important in the grand scheme of things, and things that we have very little influence over. What things do you start thinking negatively about before realising that you can flip it all around?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Tash - that was super duper inspiring! <3 As for me, &&*$%$&! I usually have a very positive outlook on life, but this week, I have been a MAJOR sad sack, haha! Whenever I encounter a problem of some degree, though, I always try to focus on being optimistic, and seeing the value that can come from the situation occuring. I'm also currently contemplating trying EFT.. I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical, but it seems to have made an immeasurable difference to Gala Darling's life, and I don't have anything to lose! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice reframing!

    Curves have wayyy more sex appeal than stick figures! ::nods::

    ReplyDelete