Many, many thoughts running through my head this week... let these hit you or dodge them as you will.
- Being judged gets tiring - on placement at the moment, I'm getting observation feedback after many of the classes I teach. To put this in perspective, think about your job and getting a performance appraisal two to three times a day. I respect the feedback but sometimes it just makes you wonder how fit you are to be a teacher when you still manage to get so many things not-quite-right.
- I am exhausted. I have had a cold pretty much since I started my placement and for the most part I have just kept on chugging. I cannot wait until I am like a normal person: work-life balance is chaotic when it is work-placement-uni-life balance... and this leaves Scribbles feeling unbalanced.
- The silver lining (well, it's more like gold lining, it's fantastic) of course is the lovely relaxing times I spend with SB. We went away to Rotorua recently to celebrate six months of being together - I never get sick of that boy. I don't get to see him tonight because I am working and I miss him. And he misses me! You know that you have something special when just being in the same place is better because the other person is there.
- My visiting lecturer is ticking me off - he won't reply to give me a time that he is going to visit. It's driving me slightly mental.
- Amazing - eating pineapple stops running noses... one of those crazy but true things that has stopped me plowing through my purse packs of tissues at a crazy rate.
- I'm looking forward to spoiling myself in the holidays - pedicure, hair cut and generally gadding about with a tonne of extra time... doing lunch with the boy and absorbing myself in some big beefy books.
- I now need to crack onto some planning for lessons tomorrow so I must bid adieu... but let me know how your weeks are going!