Swimming against the flow...

It's the last week of term. For those of you unfamiliar with the New Zealand schooling system, we have four school terms of around ten weeks each, two week breaks in between each term except for our summer holiday which extends from mid-December until the beginning of February. In three teaching days, school wraps up for the third term and teachers get a holiday... well at least from the actual teaching, not necessarily the paperwork and planning. I'm hearing a lot of murmurs from fellow teachers this week about how they are weary and tired and... I'm not?
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to a break! Don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, I have assignments to get on with, my hair is desperate need of a cut and I try to hide my manky chipped toenail polish from SB when I can. I wonder whether something has clicked for me this week... is it just that I am feeling more well or is it more that I have found my groove? Is it that I have got to the point when I know that I have planned all I can and that what we are going to get through this week relies on the students, not on me. Have I just relaxed about it more, have the kids picked up on that, is that making me a more effective teacher?
Whatever it is, I love the feeling I have right now... more please! Have any of you experienced some unexpected bliss lately? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I too am glad it is the last week, I'm in year 12 and there's only 29 days til graduation! And fifty something til exams finish... and then.... FREEDOM!

    ReplyDelete