Word of the month: Preparation

Two weeks off before moving into an eleven-week school term. The only word this month could have is

Preparation

While I do expect to spend a large amount of my holiday working on resources for next term, preparation is not just about work. As we have been busier and busier, we've had absolutely no routine at home. April is about getting back on track. establishing some routines that just make life easier to function on automatic.

While getting the laundry "up-to-date" is a serious goal for this month, I'd also like to get more into menu planning and shopping lists. We do a rough outline at the moment but end up spending far more on groceries then we should. It's not that we can't afford it, it just seems a little bit excessive for two people. I also want to establish a regular grooming schedule - hair cut, pedicure and brow waxing - so that I appear more of a professional.

Preparing my body is also important to me. I aim to take a regular dose of B Vitamin - I'm naturally very low in B12 - and exercise for a half hour each day. I've been letting the exercise thing go over the last month or so, insisting (to myself) that I'm so tired from moving about all day in the class that I must have done a solid amount of exercise. I think sometimes I confuse being mentally drained with being physically exhausted and quite frankly I think I need to put my health first. I'm also wanting to investigate a flu shot. Kids, even at high school, can be disgusting. I'm talking *Sniff* *Sniff* *Wipe nose on sleeve*. Ew.

It's not the most exciting word of the month, but it's the one that makes the most sense to me. What is your word of the month?

1 comment:

  1. I fall apart when things aren't organized and prepared..

    Exercise should give you MORE energy and mental clarity. If that helps inspire you any. xo

    ReplyDelete