Sometimes the only good thing you can say about a week is that it is over...
In the past week:
- Our Playstation 3 died (and Sony wants $300 to fix it)
- Our fridge died (so we have the fridge from the spare house on SB's parents' property)
- SB was rear-ended by some douche with bald tires and no warrant of fitness (and the police don't care, so now we're waiting on insurance)
- My car has now decided that it feels like having a seizure as I'm driving along (so needs to be booked into the mechanics)
- Organised a games night and had a ton of people flake at the last minute, leaving us with an excess of food
Ok, so maybe not the world's worst week, but still a pretty crappy one. I'd like to say that we still had our health but SB has been sniffly all day and I'm still super-run down from being sick and not taking enough time off. After reading some articles today on how to keep relationships solid I decided to perk us both up by planning a surprise date. We had Moroccan for dinner and watched Boy at the movies. Made us both crack up - being kiwi kids in the eighties was a somewhat universal experience and we both know families like this one. Definitely a good pick!