- New boots (Number 1 Shoe Warehouse) - not sure whether this store is NZ exclusive. Great place for cheap shoes - doesn't hurt so much when they need resoling after one season. Take note, Hannahs, your fall-apart shoes should be half the price.
- New sheets - this winter has felt sooooo cold and the only flannelette sheeting we had was a hot pink sheet set from my early uni days. A little emasculating for SB. Two new sets of suitably gender neutral sheet sets on sale for 60% off.
- New hairbrush - was cleaning out my hairbrush the other day and realised I couldn't remember when I purchased it. I'm sure that there is a life cycle for these sorts of things... does anyone know? Anyway, bought a new "ionic grooming" brush - have no idea how these things work but my hair looked smoother :)
- Two cans of dry shampoo - my hair goes on the fritz if it's washed more than two times a week but sometimes you want to look polished and fresh. Batiste to the rescue :)
- Bike lock - needed a keyless solution to locking the gate on our driveway. Ghetto-fabulous combination bike chain to the rescue :)
- SB purchased some headphones for use with his iPhone - we ended up choosing some from the Skullcandy line I first heard about on NubbyTwiglet.com
- I bought a new keyring - my old one bit the dust and spat my keys everywhere. New one is gorgeous, with just a little bit of bling and a hidden compact mirror.
The one thing that has been an epic fail so far is trying to find decent winter dresses. I'd hoped to get a couple for our Christchurch sojourn but it seems that in NZ you need to dress more masculine if you are heading to cold climates. I had such high hopes for this dress but it made me look completely chestless - and let's face it, it's one of my finer features.
May the search continue... have any of my Scribblettes got the down-low on where to find winter dresses? My only requirements are long sleeves, black or jewel colours and flattering to a larger bust. Let me know!